Saturday, August 11, 2012

We're about 15 miles in but the first big "oops" happened at mile 5

I'm sitting at the Peace Gardens on a bench in front of the playground. The song "Call me Baby" is playing at a festival on the other side of the park. It's a pleasant 80 degrees or so and Net and the kids are off exploring.

This is our first stop. We are about 30% into our trip. Kids are doing pretty well. Little red slept most of the morning and AB just watched the scenery. Net's back is hurting her a bit. My knees is hurting. Otherwise we are doing pretty good. The next major planned stop is at the Harmons in Farmington. That's where we will eat for Lunch and get some yummy treats.

So the most interesting thing to report is my flat tire. We were about 3 miles into the actual Jordan River Parkway part of the trail. There was a fork in the trail and I took the wrong direction. Net realized the mistake and headed back. I can't turn around quickly so I had to find an open space. Well I got onto the street all of a sudden my back tire kept jumping up and down like I was rolling over big rocks. I wasn't, of course, so I stopped the bike only to hear a "whooosh" sound as air is flowing out of my tire like a heavy wind. The pictures below tell the rest of the story:








No comments:

Post a Comment